Monday, September 27, 2010

Welcome to SpikeStopper

On Saturday, September 25, 2010, I woke up in the bathrooms of a central Auckland club, with a mindblank about an hour long, having no idea how I'd ended up there. An hour earlier, at a different club, I'd been looking for a friend who'd gone missing in the crowd. I hadn't put my drink down, but I certainly wasn't paying attention to it. I was scanning the room, and some lowlife slipped something into my drink.

This happens to thousands of women (and men) every year. Drink spiking is one of the most pathetic, terrifying and heartless crimes.

So I decided to start SpikeStopper. I'll be adding information on how to identify spiked drinks, what to do if you think your drink has been spiked, what drugs are commonly used, and much more. For now though, I need your help. Let's compile a list of places where drinks are commonly spiked. If you've ever had your drink spiked, let me know the city, country and the name of the club. If we can get a list together we may be able to force clubs to be more stringent in their security, installing infra-red security cameras and the like.

So let me know. Where have you, or your friend, had your drink spiked?

No comments:

Post a Comment